Tim Regan is a young man in his twenties, married to his wife Megan and living in Johnstown. They have just had a boy named Jake and this would be my first time officially meeting any of them. I had briefly met Tim during a visit several years ago, but the feeling was awkward between us. Even though my Mother and I met him at the bar where he worked, that would at least make us both bartenders but neither of us had anything to say to each other. This time was different. Tim and Megan, not surprisingly, live on my old school bus route. Their house is a modest, two story family home, into which they had put a great deal of work. They had a new swing set area for Jake, a nicely kept back yard and a swimming pool. Above ground or not, I don’t have a swimming pool and the sight of the pool made me smile. It was in nice juxtaposition to the interior, which some would call, “country kitchen.” Tim mentioned to me the the interior was his Mother's idea. It was all perfect, nonetheless.

Comments

Popular Posts